Acceptable Use Policy
At the heart of Puropayment is a core mission to make payments and digital commerce more transparent, fair, and welcoming for all people, and the belief technology should enhance and improve opportunity, prosperity and quality of life. There are some activities which Puropayment believes run contrary to our Core Values and our mission. In conjunction with the Puropayment Terms of Service ("Terms of Service") available at https://www.Puropayment.com/policies/ this Acceptable Use Policy (the "ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY") outlines activities that are prohibited in relation to everyone’s use of Puropayment’s services. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined have the meaning set out in the Terms of Service.
If you feel that someone has violated the ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-312-2843.
Puropayment may modify the ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY at any time by posting a revised version at https://www.puropayment.com/policies/acceptable-use/. By continuing to use the Services or access your Account after a revised version of the ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY has been posted, you agree to comply with the revised ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. In the event of a conflict between the ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY and the Terms of Service, the ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY will take precedence, but only to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
Puropayment may, at any time, and without notice, remove any Account Content, or suspend or terminate your Account or access to the Services if you engage in activities that violate the letter or the spirit of the ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, including activities outside your use of the Services. Puropayment has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or investigate any Account Content and your use of the Services for compliance with the ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY and the Terms of Service. Puropayment’s determination of whether a violation of the ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY or Terms of Service has occurred will be final and binding, and any action taken with respect to enforcing the ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY or Terms of Service, including taking no action at all, will be at Puropayment’s sole discretion.
You may not offer goods, services or Account Content that:
- Child Exploitation: exploits or abuses children, including but not limited to images or depictions of child abuse, sexual abuse, or that presents children in a degrading or sexual manner;
- Harassment, Bullying, Defamation and Threats: harasses, bullies, defames or threatens a specific individual or group;
- Hateful Material: condones or promotes hatred or violence against any person or group based on race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, legal source of income, family status or sexual orientation;
- Illegal Activities: contravenes or that facilitates or promotes contraventions of the laws of the jurisdictions in which you or the Services operate;
- Intellectual Property: infringes on the intellectual property rights of others, including but not limited to copyrights, patents and trademarks;
- Malicious Practices: transmits, hosts or promotes malware or phishing, or that may harm or disrupt the operations of the Services, other Puropayment infrastructure or others, including Puropayment’s third-party providers;
- Deceptive Practices: relies upon, enables or encourages deceptive commercial practices;
- Personal or Confidential Information: contains personally identifiable information, sensitive personal information, or confidential information, unless you have consent from the person to whom the information belongs;
- Self-Harm: promotes or enables self-harm;
- Spam: uses the Services or other Puropayment infrastructure to transmit unsolicited commercial messages; or
- Terrorism: implies or promotes funding of, or membership in, a terrorist organization.
In addition to the above restrictions, the following products or services cannot be provided in conjunction with the Services. Providing any of the products or services listed below will result in immediate termination of your Account. This list is for informational purposes only and does not represent a guaranteed approval for businesses outside of this list. All new applicants are subject to conditions and approval by Puropayment and its partner banks as well as ongoing reviews after approval.
This list is subject to change without notice as Puropayment, card brands and partner banks manage ongoing changes in risks, regulations, and law. All of Puropayment's merchants must operate according to each partner bank and card brand's policies and within the laws of their jurisdiction. If you are unsure whether your business falls within this list, please contact us.
- Protection services, including registration services against identify theft, card theft or fraud
- Money transfer services
- Shell banks and any entities who issue bearer shares
- Investment services (including buying, selling and brokering of any securities or commodities)
- Payday lenders and automobile title lenders
- Fortune telling, including tarot card readers and mystics
- For-profit adoption
- Game console circumvention devices
- Remote technical support (without two years of established processing history)
- Adult entertainment, escort services and sexual encounters
- Child pornography (including terminology such as "lolita", "pedo" and "preteen")
- Multi-level marketing and pyramid schemes
- Counterfeit goods
- Discount travel clubs or travel related direct marketing arrangement services
- Penny auctions
Medical and Drugs
- Online pharmacies without VIPPS or CIPA certification
- Telemedicine, including Skype-link services with prescription issuance
- Wonder drugs
- Supplements or compounds banned by Health Canada or the United States Food and Drug Administration
- Drug paraphernalia (except cannabis/marijuana/THC-related in Canada as permitted by law)
- Chemicals, drugs and compounds used for intoxicating effect (except alcohol, and in Canada, cannabis/marijuana/THC as permitted by law)
- Online, mail order or telephone order guns and firearms sales (excluding accessories)
- Assault weapons, military grade weapons, and related accessories.
- Businesses with a delayed delivery greater than one year on more than 25% of sales volume
- Any illegal activity